What I don't know about Malbec

This blog-post title is a bit deceiving, because I do know a fair amount about Malbec.  Primarily this knowledge has been gained by tasting, and I enjoy this rich and wonderful wine.



But What I Don't Know About Malbec is going to be a diminishing amount of non-knowlege because... I am going to Argentina and Chile in March 2012 to taste, learn, and write about Malbec.

In the summer of 2010, at the Wine Blogger's Conference in Walla Walla, I spent the better part of a sultry summer evening working on an essay that I submitted to WineBow.  As the writer of a wine column in a California newspaper, and a frequent blogger about wine and the wine business, I asked this impertinent question in my essay:  "Mal who?"     It's actually a good question, because a lot of wine drinkers are unfamiliar with the nuances of this grape and the wines made from it.  That needs to be changed, and now I get to help in that mission.

Every wine writer can benefit from more knowledge, and courtesy of WineBow, I'll be on-the-spot in March 2012 in order to learn all I can, and write about the wine and the experience.

So, look for more on this topic in blogposts to come.  Salut!

2 comments:

  1. Husband LOVES Malbec and I love it too. Just took a Wine and Food Pairing class and Malbec is so far over it's hard to find something that pairs with it. That being said, I just want to drink it on the deck with friends, who cares about what we eat!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait! Malbec and South American wine lover here. Enjoy.
    Ernest Gonzalez
    whineandcheersforwine.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete